- Reconcile Your Bank Account.
- Catch Up On all Invoices.
- Record Missed Transactions. – Search your pockets for receipts
- Double Check – Make sure all of your income and expenses have been properly categorized.
- Don’t Forget Mileage. – Have you recorded all the time in your car? Your daily commute doesn’t count.
- Be sure you’ve paid enough in estimated taxes for the year.
- Check your Income Statement. Compared to prior years?
- Don’t forget to reverse any uncashed or stale cheques!
- Record any year end accrual entries
- Check Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable for accuracy
- Bad debt write offs, if any (and hopefully there aren’t!)
- Prepare A Budget for Next Year.
1 thought on “Bookkeeping End of Year Checklist”
Very intersting !!!!!
Comments are closed.